Gluten Free Macadamia Nut Chicken Thighs are tender, meaty, and buttery rich in flavor. These will soon become a family favorite with their light crunch, and mildly tropical flavor.
- Prep Time : 15 mins
- Cook Time : 30 mins
- Total Time : 45 mins
- Course: chicken, Main Course
- Cuisine: American, gluten free
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 778 kcal
- Renee – Kudos Kitchen: Renée
- 12 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coconut flour, or all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Add the macadamia nuts and flour to a food processor and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Place the nut mixture in a shallow pan and season with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Set aside.
- In a second shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Add the chicken thighs, 2 or 3 at a time, to the egg mixture, flipping to coat both sides.
- Add the egg-coated thighs to the macadamia nut mixture and press the crumbs onto each side of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish that has been sprayed with baking spray.
- Sprinkle any remaining nuts evenly over the chicken in the pan.
- Drizzle the macadamia coated chicken with melted butter and bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear when pierced, or when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Tools and equipment:
food processor, 9 x 13 baking dish, cooking spray, 2 shallow dishes, fork, tongs, measuring cups, measuring spoons
Buttery Gluten Free Macadamia Nut Chicken Thighs
- Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
- Calories 778Calories from Fat 504
% Daily Value*
- Total Fat 56g86%
- Saturated Fat 16g80%
- Cholesterol 327mg109%
- Sodium 942mg39%
- Potassium 752mg21%
- Total Carbohydrates 17g6%
- Dietary Fiber 10g40%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 53g106%
- Vitamin A8.5%
- Vitamin C0.7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.