Cauli Rice Recipe enjoy some of the best keto-friendly meals without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Preparation Time: Overall 5-10 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving, 1 1/2 cups)
⦁ TOTAL CARBS: 6 g
⦁ FIBER: 2.4 g
⦁ NET CARBS: 3.6 g
⦁ PROTEIN: 2.3 g
⦁ FAT: 0.3 g
⦁ CALORIES: 30 kcal
⦁ MACRONUTRIENT RATIO: CARBS (54%) PROTEIN (35%) FAT (11%)
⦁ MAGNESIUM: 18 mg (5% RDA)
⦁ POTASSIUM: 358 mg (18% EMR)
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 6 CUPS)
⦁ 1 head cauliflower (720 g/ 1.6 lb)
- Remove the leaves and the hard center core of the cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Wash the cauliflower thoroughly and drain well.
- Once dry, grate with a hand grater or in a food processor with a grating (or regular) blade. Pulse until it looks like rice. A grating blade will make it look closer to real rice. Don’t overdo it – it only takes a few more seconds to make purée out of it.
- Cook the cauli-rice using the following tips or place in an airtight container and store up to 4 days. Done!
- Steaming: Place in a steam pot and cook for 5-7 minutes. Otherwise, place in an airtight container and store up to 4 days.
- Microwaving: Place the processed cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cook on medium-high for 5-7 minutes. You won’t need any water when cooking in the microwave. Season with salt and pepper (if desired).
- Pan roasting: You can briefly cook the “rice” on a pan greased with butter or ghee or add directly to the pot with meat or sauce you plan to serve it with.
- Oven cooking: Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F. Spread the grated cauli-rice over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 12-15 minutes flipping 2-3 times.