YIELDS: 8 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 20 MINS
FOR THE BEEF
- 1 tbsp.
- extra-virgin olive oil1/2
- yellow onion, diced2 lb.
- ground beef
- Freshly ground black pepper2 tbsp.
- keto taco seasoning mix4
- large eggs, lightly beaten
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER1
- small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Kosher salt
FOR THE CHEESE SAUCE
- 4 oz.
- cream cheese2/3 c.
- heavy cream2 tbsp.
- butter1/2 tsp.
- ground mustard1/4 tsp.
- garlic powder3 c.
- shredded cheddar, divided1/4 c.
- sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Make the beef: In a large skillet over medium, heat oil. Add onion and cook until slightly softened, 2 minutes. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Drain excess fat and sprinkle in taco seasoning, stirring to coat meat. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, then stir in meat mixture. Spread mixture into an even layer in the bottom of a 9″-x-13″ baking dish.
- Meanwhile, make the cauliflower: In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch cauliflower, 3 minutes. Drain and squeeze cauliflower of water. Arrange cauliflower in an even layer on top of beef in baking dish.
- Make the cheese sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, ground mustard, and garlic powder, and cook over medium, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in 2 cups cheddar until smooth. Season with salt and stir in green onions.
- Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower in baking dish and top with remaining 1 cup cheddar. Bake until cauliflower is tender, beef is set, and cheese is melty, about 30 minutes. If desired, broil until golden, about 2 minutes.