Creamy Keto Mash Recipe Try this cauliflower stuffing recipe! It has all the same flavors, plus it’s healthy & delicious.
Prep Time: Hands-on 10 minutes Overall 15 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)
⦁ TOTAL CARBS: 10.8 g
⦁ FIBER: 3.8 g
⦁ NET CARBS: 7 g
⦁ PROTEIN: 3.7 g
⦁ FAT: 28 g
⦁ CALORIES: 302 kcal
⦁ MACRONUTRIENT RATIO: CARBS (9%) PROTEIN (5%) FAT (86%)
⦁ MAGNESIUM: 30 mg (8% RDA)
⦁ POTASSIUM: 588 mg (29% EMR)
INGREDIENTS (4 SERVINGS)
⦁ 1 large cauliflower (700 g/ 1.5 lb/ 24.7 oz)
⦁ 1 small white onion (70 g/ 2.5 oz)
⦁ 2 cloves garlic
⦁ ¼ cup ghee84, butter or lard + 4 tbsp for topping (110 g/ 3.9 oz)
⦁ ½ tsp salt or more to taste
⦁ freshly ground black pepper
⦁ OPTIONAL: ½ cup cream cheese or sour cream
- Wash the cauliflower and cut into smaller florets. Place on a steaming rack inside a pot filled with ~ 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Heat a pan greased with 2 tablespoons of the ghee and add chopped onion and garlic.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until slightly browned. Keep stirring to prevent burning and take off the heat.
- Place the cooked cauliflower into a blender and add the cooked onion and another 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- For an even creamier texture, add sour cream or cream cheese (or skip for dairy-free).
- Place in a serving bowl and add more ghee or butter on top. Enjoy!