Enjoy Easy Paprika Chicken Recipe! It has all the same flavors, plus it’s healthy & delicious.
PREPARATION TIME: Hands-on 15 minutes Overall 35 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)
⦁ TOTAL CARBS: 6.1 g
⦁ FIBER: 1.7 g
⦁ NET CARBS: 4.4 g
⦁ PROTEIN: 23.7 g
⦁ FAT: 60.7 g
⦁ CALORIES: 669 kcal
⦁ MACRONUTRIENT RATIO:
⦁ CARBS (3%)
⦁ PROTEIN (14%)
⦁ FAT (83%)
⦁ MAGNESIUM: 38 mg (9% RDA)
⦁ POTASSIUM: 480 mg (24% EMR)
INGREDIENTS (4 SERVINGS)
⦁ 8-12 chicken drumsticks with bone and skin (1 kg/ 2.2 lb), will yield about 60% meat or boneless thighs (600 g/ 1.3 lb)
⦁ 1 medium white onion (110 g/ 3.9 oz)
⦁ 1 medium red pepper (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
⦁ 1 tbsp paprika
⦁ 2 tbsp ghee84 (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
⦁ 1 cup chicken stock or water (240 ml/ 8 fl oz)
⦁ ¼ cup heavy whipping cream or coconut milk (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
⦁ ¼ cup sour cream or more coconut milk (58 g/ 2 oz)
⦁ ½ tsp salt or to taste
⦁ freshly ground black pepper
OPTIONAL:serve with 4-6 cups Cauli Rice
- Pat dry the chicken using a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Grease a large soup pot or a Dutch oven with a small amount of ghee. Once hot, add the chicken and cook over a medium-high heat until browned from all sides.
- Pour in the chicken stock or water and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid, lower the heat and cook for 25-30 minutes. Once cooked and removed, you can shred the meat off the bone if you like.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely dice the onion. Halve, deseed and slice the red pepper.
- Place the onion to a pan greased with the remaining ghee and cook until lightly browned and fragrant. Add the red pepper slices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Place the onion and pepper into the pot with the chicken and add paprika. Take off the heat.
- Using a hand blender, pulse until smooth. Place back on the stove, pour in the heavy whipping cream and sour cream. Place the chicken (with or without bones) back in the pot with the sauce and cook for just about 5 minutes 52.