Hollandaise Sauce Recipes enjoy some of the best keto-friendly meals without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Preparation Time: Overall 10 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (per 1/4 cup/ 50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- TOTAL CARBS: 1.5 g
- FIBER: 0 G
- NET CARBS: 1.5 g
- PROTEIN: 3.1 g
- FAT: 29 g
- CALORIES: 274 kcal
- MACRONUTRIENT RATIO: CARBS (2%) PROTEIN (4%) FAT (94%)
- MAGNESIUM: TRACE
- POTASSIUM: TRACE
INGREDIENTS (1 SERVING)
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee84 (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- juice from ¼ lemon (~ 1 tbsp)
- pinch salt or more to taste
- ½ tbsp water or more if too thick
- Make sure all the ingredients have reached room temperature. Separate the egg white from the egg yolk.
- Slowly melt the butter (or ghee) in a water bath and keep it aside. It should be warm, not too hot. Mix the egg yolk with the water, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and salt.
- Fill a medium sauce pan with ~1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Keep on medium heat, place the bowl with the egg yolk mixture on top of the sauce pan and keep mixing. The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Keep mixing until it starts to thicken.
- Slowly pour the melted butter into the mixture until thick and creamy. Keep stirring at all times to avoid clumping. If the Hollandaise is too thick, add a splash of water.
- Serve immediately over poached eggs or baked salmon. Do not reheat the Hollandaise or it will clump. If you only make it for yourself, prepare one serving at a time. Enjoy!