Just the mere mention of “BLT” and the clouds start to part! We paired this mouthwatering, keto version with fluffy cloud bread, also known as oopsie bread. Oops, it’s bread! Gluten-free and grain free, you just need to dive in and indulge.
- 3 eggs
- 4¼ oz. cream cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 5 oz. bacon
- 2 oz. lettuce
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Separate the eggs. Put the egg whites in one bowl and the yolks in another.
- Whip egg whites together with salt (and cream of tartar, if you are using any) until very stiff. Preferably using a hand held electric mixer. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Add cream cheese to the egg yolks and mix well. To make the oopsie more bread-like, add in the optional psyllium seed husk and baking powder.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture — try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Put 8 cloud bread pieces on a paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes, until they turn golden.
Building the BLT
- Fry the bacon in a skillet on medium high heat until crispy.
- Place the cloud bread pieces top-side down.
- Spread 1–2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on each.
- Place lettuce, tomato, some finely chopped fresh basil and fried bacon in layers between the bread halves.
- Serve immediately.