YIELDS:4 SERVINGS PREP TIME:0 HOURS 10 MINS TOTAL TIME:1 HOUR 0 MINS
- 3/4 c.
- ricotta1 1/4 c.
- shredded mozzarella, divided1/4
- plus 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan, divided1
- large egg2 tbsp.
- freshly chopped basil, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper4
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 lb.)1 1/2 c.
- marinara1 tbsp.
- extra-virgin olive oil1/2 tsp.
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, combine ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, egg, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast. Stuff each with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce and 1/4 of ricotta mixture.
- Arrange stuffed chicken in the bottom of a 9″-x-13″ baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and drizzle with oil.
- Bake until chicken is just cooked through, about 25 minutes. Discard excess juices in pan.
- Change oven to broil and top the chicken with remaining ¾ cup marinara, remaining ¾ cup mozzarella, and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Broil until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 4 minutes.
- Garnish with basil before serving.