Enjoy Mayonnaise Recipe! It has all the same flavors, plus it’s healthy & delicious.
PREPARATION TIME: Overall 10 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (per 1 tbsp/ 15 g/ 0.5 oz)
⦁ TOTAL CARBS: 0.1 g
⦁ FIBER: 0 g
⦁ NET CARBS: 0.1 g
⦁ PROTEIN: 0.17 g
⦁ FAT: 12.5 g
⦁ CALORIES: 111 kcal
⦁ MACRONUTRIENT RATIO: CARBS (0%) PROTEIN (1%) FAT (99%)
⦁ MAGNESIUM: TRACE
⦁ POTASSIUM: TRACE
INGREDIENTS (1 CUP)
⦁ ¾ cup macadamia or avocado oil or light-tasting olive oil / nut oils
⦁ 1 large egg yolk
⦁ 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
⦁ 1 tsp Dijon mustard
⦁ juice from ¼ lemon (~ 1 tbsp)
⦁ ¼ tsp salt
OPTIONAL: 1-2 tablespoons of whey Whey the liquid on top raw milk yogurt and will keep the mayo fresh for several months. If you don’t use whey, the mayo can be kept in the fridge for up to a week.
- Make sure all the ingredients have reached room temperature. Separate the egg white from the egg yolk. Place the egg yolk and the Dijon mustard into a bowl secured with a piece of cloth or kitchen towel and mix until well combined.
- Use a food processor (or a hand whisk). Turn it on and very slowly start to drizzle in the oil.
- Using extra virgin olive oil may make the taste of your mayonnaise too strong. Try mild olive oil, avocado, macadamia, sesame, almond or walnut oil.
- Keep pouring the oil until the mixture starts to look more like mayonnaise. Then, a slow steady stream of oil can be added. Keep blending until it gets to a desired thickness. If the mayonnaise is not thick enough, add a bit more oil.
- After you pour all the oil in, add lemon juice, vinegar and season with salt. Add a few drops of stevia and mix well. If it’s too thick, add a few drops of water. Adding the lemon and vinegar will turn the color to a light yellow. When the mayonnaise is done, put it in a glass container and seal well. You can store it in the fridge for up to a week.