Salmon Stuffed Avocado Recipe Try this cauliflower stuffing recipe! It has all the same flavors, plus it’s healthy & delicious.
Prep Time Hands-on 10 minutes Overall 30 minutes
NUTRITION FACTS (Per SERVINGS)
- TOTAL CARBS: 13.9 g
- FIBER: 7.5 g NET
- CARBS: 6.4 g
- PROTEIN: 27 g
- FAT: 34.6 g
- CALORIES: 463 kcal
- MACRONUTRIENT RATIO:
- CARBS (6%)
- PROTEIN (24%)
- FAT (70%)
MAGNESIUM: 75 mg (19% RDA)
- POTASSIUM: 1122 mg (56% EMR)
INGREDIENTS (2 SERVINGS)
- 1 large or 2 small avocados (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 2 small salmon fillets (220 g/ 7.8 oz)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped (70 g/ 2.5 oz)
- ¼ cup sour cream or crème fraîche or mayonnaise86 (58 g/ 2 oz)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (~ ½ lemon)
- ¼ tsp salt or more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- lemon wedges for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F. Place the salmon fillets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with melted ghee or olive oil, season with salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and let it cool down for 5-10 minutes. Using a fork, shred the salmon fillets and discard the skin. Mix with finely chopped onion, sour cream (or creme fraîche or mayonnaise) and freshly chopped dill.
- Squeeze in more lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Scoop the middle of the avocado out leaving ½ – 1 inch of the avocado flesh. Cut the scooped avocado into small pieces.
- Place the chopped avocado into the bowl with salmon and mix until well combined.
- Fill each avocado halve with the salmon and avocado mixture, add lemon and enjoy!