Calories: 685 Fat: 57.5 g Protein: 32 g Total Carbs: 15.5 g Fiber: 6.5 g Net Carbs: 9.g
2 Servings Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
⦁ 5 ounces ground Italian sausage
⦁ ½ small yellow onion, diced
⦁ 1 clove minced garlic
⦁ 1 cup almond flour
⦁ 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
⦁ 1 teaspoon garlic powder
⦁ 1 large egg
⦁ ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
⦁ 1 tablespoon olive oil
⦁ 2 cups fresh baby spinach
⦁ 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment then grease with cooking spray.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat then stir in the onion, and garlic.
- Cook until the sausage is done and the onions are translucent then remove from heat.
- Combine the almond flour, almond milk, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Stir in the egg and parmesan until it forms a dough then turn out onto the baking sheet.
- Press the dough into a circle about ½-inch thick.
- Brush the dough with olive oil then add the sausage mixture to the middle.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the filling, working your way around the circle.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes until the crust is browned.
- Sauté the spinach in butter until just wilted, season with salt, then serve with the galette.