These Slow Cooker Low Carb Keto Beef Short Ribs make the most satisfying and delicious meal, served over mashed cauliflower and it’s comfort in a dish!
Succulent tender meat that simply falls apart when you touch it gently with a fork will make anyone swoon with excitement knowing what’s next. And That first bite does not disappoint. It’s everything you hoped it would be and more.
This recipe is your fool proof way to get the most tender short ribs you’ve ever had! My family can’t get enough of these ribs, even my picky daughter who doesn’t like beef enjoys this because of how tender it is.
Seared to perfection then a few simple ingredients you probably have in your kitchen already, all placed in the slow cooker to do it’s thing for a few hours. Add some mashed cauliflower or riced cauliflower for the bed and dinner is served. Truly a comfort dish in any season but especially wonderful on a cold winter’s night!
I’ve only made this recipe using boneless short ribs but you can use bone-in if that’s all you can find. I’m sure either will work, they just need plenty of time to get tender.
Also it’s totally optional to add some carrots if your spouse is not into a low carb lifestyle, like mine is not. Just throw them in when cooking the onion and remaining ingredients.
SLOW COOKER LOW CARB BEEF SHORT RIBS
Prep Time 15 minutesCook Time 4 hoursTotal Time 4 hours 15 minutesServings 12 peopleCalories 489 kcalAuthor Brenda Bennett | Sugar-Free Mom
- 4 lbs boneless or bone in, beef short ribs cut crosswise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1.5 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce homemade
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 cup red wine
OPTIONAL: CELERY, CARROTS
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season one side of your short ribs generously with salt and pepper.
- Place half of the ribs, seasoned side down onto the hot skillet and brown. Season the top of the ribs in the skillet with salt and pepper. Flip once the bottom is browned. Remove and set aside while browning the rest fo the meat.
- Add beef broth to slow cooker and place short ribs into crock pot.
- To the same skillet add your remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Pour this over the ribs in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 8-10 hours.
Nutrition FactsSlow Cooker Low Carb Beef Short RibsAmount Per Serving (5.3 ounces)Calories 489Calories from Fat 378% Daily Value*Total Fat 42g 65%Saturated Fat 17g 85%Cholesterol 83mg 28%Sodium 179mg 7%Potassium 386mg 11%Total Carbohydrates 3g 1%Sugars 1gProtein 16g 32%Vitamin A0.8%Vitamin C3.2%Calcium2.3%Iron12%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.