Ultimate Keto Gravy Recipe enjoy some of the best keto-friendly meals without spending too much time in the kitchen.
Preparation Time: Hands-on 10 minutes Overall 30 minutes + soaking
NUTRITION FACTS (per 1/4 cup/ 50 g/ 1.8 oz)
⦁ TOTAL CARBS: 5.5 g
⦁ FIBER: 0.8 g
⦁ NET CARBS: 4.7 g
⦁ PROTEIN: 2.1 g
⦁ FAT: 11.2 g
⦁ CALORIES: 130 kcal
⦁ MACRONUTRIENT RATIO: CARBS (15%) PROTEIN (6%) FAT (79%)
⦁ MAGNESIUM: 50 mg (13% RDA)
⦁ POTASSIUM: 270 mg (14% EMR
INGREDIENTS (6 SERVINGS)
⦁ 2 tbsp ghee84 (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
⦁ 1 medium white onion (110 g/ 3.9 oz)
⦁ 2 cloves garlic
⦁ 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
⦁ 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
⦁ 1 tbsp freshly chopped sage or 1 tsp dried sage or any herbs of choice
⦁ 1 tsp lemon zest
⦁ 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
⦁ ½ cup dried porcini mushrooms (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
⦁ ¼ cup heavy whipping cream or coconut milk (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
⦁ 2 cups bone broth94 or chicken / vegetable stock (480 ml/ 16 fl oz)
⦁ ½ cup water (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
⦁ salt and pepper to taste
- Add water to the porcini mushrooms and soak for about 30 minutes. Peel and dice the onion and garlic. Chop the sage and zest the lemon.
- Add the garlic and onion into a hot pan greased with ghee and cook over a medium heat until translucent. Stir occasionally. Add the lemon zest and sage and cook until the onion is golden.
- Pour in the bone broth, lemon juice and add the soaked porcini mushrooms with the water.
- Add balsamic vinegar and mustard and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer until the amount is reduced by about half.
- Add the cream and cook for just about 5 minutes. Once done, take off the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in a jar and blend with a hand blender until smooth and creamy. When done, serve immediately or let it cool down and store covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days. Reheat as needed